Monday 9 July 2007

Disillusioned

I'm seriously not enjoying SL for all the reasons I should be. Currently it's the best I can do to go in there to answer IM's... Oh wait, there aren't any hehe.

When I started (don't be confused I may have an 06 birthdate but i really started in 04) I went to lots of events, of course there weren't as many then, I even hosted a few. Shopping was fun, Nomine being the bollocks of all the shops. Everyone seemed to be gothic (I was too although that was more my graphics card than choice) and the world seemed, smaller. Now it's just huge.

So yes, I'm thoroughly pissed off with it all. I'm also pissed off with making Filth. I mean it's fun and all, but I haven't a fucking clue if anyone reads it, likes it, hates it. Or what. I come up with all these ideas and they're all shit at the end of the day. So I take a look at what I've gained from SL instead.

Well I've gained two things. The chance to be me, as I'd really like to be. The chance to be unencumbered by class, status, looks, social standing, whoever the fuck your family was, it doesn't really mean anything here. All you really need to make something is an inkling of how something works and a shit load of peserverence, and you can make something that you really care about, inspite of what anyone else may think.

Which brings me onto the second thing I've gained.

I met Tie when I was in SL the first time round, in a shop that sold poles (for dancing). Tie was and still is, and probably always will be the funniest smartest person in SL. Except now she's not just part of my SL, I don't have to switch on my computer to see or speak to her, I just need to roll over or turn my head and shes there right next to me.

So you see I think I've gained about the greatest thing I ever could out of SL what more is there.

(PS this is not a whinging post, I have plenty of them on my RL blog, it's more a thought ordering post so blah)

No comments: